The term ‘vi family network’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children, 361 – 365 North Rocks Road, North Rocks, NSW 2151. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- The information provided in this website is intended for an Australian audience and may not be relevant for an overseas audience.
The vi family network website provides information and services aimed at parents and carers involved in caring for and supporting children with vision impairment.
This privacy statement applies to the vifamilynetwork.org.au website only.
Your personal information is protected under the Privacy Act 1988. Your personal information will not be used other than for the purpose that you provide it without your consent.
Use of personal information by vi family network may include the provision of services related to the vi family network, and the development and evaluation of this website. No information that personally identifies you is collected when you simply browse the site.
The vi family network will provide access to, and make corrections to, your personal information at your request, except in the circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988. Personal information will not be disclosed to other parties. Personal information will only be used for the purpose of administering the website and contacting you about any changes related to the website and its activities.
If you have any questions about your privacy, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 9872 0303
Personal information and your privacy
When you submit a forum post, add a feedback comment, fill in an online registration form, complete a poll, or email us you are providing personal information.
The personal information we collect from the contributions listed above will not be used anywhere else without your permission. The forum is open to members only, and information posted will not be used outside the vi family network website.
To make a post to the forum you must register as a member. To do this you must first have a child registered with the Australian Childhood Vision Impairment Register (ACVIR). When you join the parent forum, you have to provide personal information i.e. your email address. If you do not want to provide these details, or do not want your child to join ACVIR, you will not be able to access forums, but you can read content on the rest of the vi family network website and submit feedback comments.
Forum participants agree to follow the following guidelines for use and accept that they are liable for the content of their posts. The vi family network reserves the right to remove any material posted on a forum that is considered dangerous or harmful, and to terminate your participation in a forum and cancelling your registration if you disregard the terms and conditions of use, which form a legal agreement between you and the vi family network when you access the vifamilynetwork.org.au parent forum.
- This website does not endorse products or services and does not advertise for commercial gain. The vi family network has been created to provide unbiased, reliable information and social support for people caring for children with vision impairment. It is not a place to advertise any products or services for commercial purposes.
- Be respectful. People may challenge your views, and have strong views of their own. Show respect to all users of these forums and avoid being rude, abusive or dismissive of others. This includes respect for their race, religion, political views, and other beliefs and experiences. It is illegal to make racist, sexist or homophobic comments, harass or ‘stalk’ any person, or make defamatory statements or personal attacks on another person. A defamatory statement about a person is one which would make others think less of that person.
- The vi family network reserves the right to delete any material that it determines to be in bad taste or inappropriate for family viewing.
- These forums are geared towards parent supporting each other, and are not a source of professional support for anyone experiencing difficulties or in need of medical assistance. Seek advice from a professional or healthcare practitioner.
- Do not impersonate someone else. You must not pretend to be another person when posting a message, but it is ok to use an internet avatar and/or nickname that identifies you without using your real name.
- Avoid bad language as it offends a lot of people. This is a family website and bad language and swearing will not be tolerated.
- Do not post copyrighted material, or material copied from elsewhere such as published articles, a text book, websites etc. Do not copy material from vi family network without referencing its source.
- Be careful about the information you provide in a forum. This parent forum is members only and is not open access, but use common sense and do not give out your phone number, address or other personal information where others can access it. A private message function is available for exchanging personal information with other members.
- Don’t use a forum to discuss, promote or plan anything illegal.
- Please report misuse of the forum or comment areas on the website as vi family network staff may not get to the problem first. Please contact us on email@example.com if you suspect misuse of the forum terms and conditions.
You may choose a user name and password when you register to use the Forum. You are responsible for all activity, including the content of any posts, which occurs under your login and password. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you suspect that your login has been compromised.