This is a great resource with access to guidelines for designing tactile illustrations for children’s book, designing of accessible signage for people with vision impairment – click on the link to read more
- Accessible Image List Opens in a new window:
Discussion List with purpose to discuss graphics and images designed for vision impaired people. This includes the development of tactile graphics, and other types of information designed for the blind and vision impaired. The list is for anyone interested.
- APH Guide to Designing Tactile Illustrations for Children’s Books Opens in a new window:
Guide to Designing Tactile Illustrations for Children’s Books by Suzette Wright, American Printing House for the Blind.
- BrailliantTouch Accessible Signage Opens in a new window: Design and Manufacturing of accessible signage for people with vision impairment. Includes Braille, tactile maps and audio signage.
- Guidelines and Standards for Tactile Graphics Opens in a new window:
Developed as a Joint Project of the Braille Authority of North America and the Canadian Braille Authority L’Autorité Canadienne du Braille (2010).
- Tactile Graphic Image Library Opens in a new window:
Growing database with tactile graphics templates that can be enhanced for your needs. Free account registration and Forum. American Printing House for the Blind
- The Tactile Graphics Website Opens in a new window:
Aims to promote excellence in the design and production of braille graphics. Basic information on production methods and techniques, new products to assist in production of braille graphics (USA).